Saturday, January 1, 2011

Have I made the right choice?

I often ask myself "Have I made the right choice?" and I'm unable to answer myself. I chose Science with Economics in class XI. I wanted to opt for Engineering Drawing, but because of parental pressure and my elder sister's advice I was made to opt for Economics. Economics is easy. Nothing to mug up, just simple facts. But, statistics is a blunder. You've got to make a thousand graphs. It's tiresome.
One day I was reading a novel which had a very respectable doctor in it and then I realised that I wanted to be a doctor. I wished I'd opted for Biology. Then again one day I was watching 'The Social Network' and I wanted to be a programmer. That day (which is today) I wished I'd opted for Computer Science.
How can I be interested in all the things at once? Is it possible to do everything in one small life? I've heard it is possible. You just need to be dedicated, a lot. But in my case it wouldn't be possible, because my dedication is not of the highest degree. But still I want to get the joy of everything. I will probably make a good engineer (hopefully). And guess what? The main decision isn't made right here. When you get into college, you get to choose which engineering you want to opt for. And, once again I will face the same dilemma. Once again I will get to choose what I want to be. I just hope I make the right choice then.
This article is for my juniors. Don't worry if you make the wrong choice now. This is the time to choose wrong. Just remember to choose the correct stream, because you can't migrate from commerce to science.
Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment