Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2...Speechless!

Some moments change you, some things influence you, but some things affect you so deeply, that you’re never able to change back. You stay there, lingering, never wanting for the moment to change, never wanting it to end.
Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling has been that thing for me. As far as I remember, the proper novel I first read was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. So, in a way my childhood started when I started reading the Harry Potter series. Today, when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 ended, it seemed as if my childhood had finished. Suddenly I was bigger, older. But, I’m one of the luckiest persons alive. I can revisit my childhood whenever I want just by reading those seven books again. I’ve read the entire series 7 times and the last book 8 times. But, never it seemed like the story was being repeated, I always learnt something new from the books. The Harry Potter series is a bible for many people, including me. And, I believe I wasn’t the only one who cried through the movie. I’m not ashamed to accept that I cried, rather I’m proud. Anyone who has read the books seriously would’ve cried, would’ve been speechless in the end when Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione wave their children off to Hogwarts…it was like the beginning of the first book (or movie, whatever). And when the movie finally ended…the feeling that ran through me! I tried speaking, but I couldn’t. My voice failed me. The atmosphere around me was full of emotions, and I couldn’t contain my tears.
I once read a quotation: "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel as if you've lost a loved one." I felt like that when I turned the last page of Deathly Hallows. I also felt like that today, because I believe the same can be said for movies. "You know you've watched a good movie when it ends and feel as if you've lost a loved one."
J.K. Rowling, do you know you’ll have the most amazing afterlife anyone has ever had? That’s because you gave millions of people the most precious gift ever, and now they pray for you everyday.

I’ll now revisit my childhood....

No comments:

Post a Comment